04/10/2012

Earning Her Keep

A few weeks ago, I stopped into the local pet store to buy chicken necks for Evie (yum yum...) I noticed, whilst handing over my hard-earned cash, a picture of a wide-eyed beagle looking at me. It was the winner of the 'Pet of the Month' competition. Being the judgmental fur-mum that I am, I felt this dog was reasonable. Not super cute. Evie would run circles around this dog in terms of cuteness. I thought, 'What the hell? Why not enter Evie in?? You never know.' I emailed one of my more recent iPhone snaps of her to the pet store and didn't think of the matter again..... until today!

Lo and behold, I received an email from the pet store informing me Evie was selected as the Pet of the Month (October) and she had won a whopping $20 voucher. Boo yeah!!!

The winning photo.


This pic captured Evie after an extremely long walk we did together. Long walks are pretty rare for us McDangsters as we are a lazy bunch. Evie was so damn tired, she couldn't even muster the strength to go into her usual "ball-form" which she does in the cooler months when this pic was taken.

Now, what to do with the voucher? More chicken necks? A fluffy new toy to sink her teeth into? A pair of miniature antlers to prepare for the fast-approaching Christmas?!?

Too bad it wasn't credit towards her evergrowing vet bills. Oh well, at least it's a start.


Has your pet ever won anything? And do you ever dream your pet will be the next Miranda Kerr of the animal world and make squillions??


14 comments:

  1. Very cool! Evie is a cutie. I'd be surprised if she didn't win. My two haven't entered anything. Pebbles is gorgeous andi think could win something. Buttons is a cutie but he's a fatty and the modelling for him would probably be restricted to weight loss products. Ah the pressures of the modelling industry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could there potentially be tension between Buttons and Pebbles due to the differences in weight? Surely Buttons could do some plus-size clothing modelling. Has to be a market for fatty cat clothes!

      Delete
  2. Heh, I reckon that look is saying, "Why you 'sturbing me, Mum? I tired." Well done. The local show here had a pet section but only open to kids, I was slightly disappointed ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like discrimination to me! Age discrimination....

      Delete
  3. Wow!! Congrats on pet of the month, too cool- a prize winning pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute little photo of Evie. My huskies love chicken necks and Im sure she will be happy with lots of chicken necks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think chicken necks are the way to a dog's heart.

      Delete
  5. Congratulation Evie (and Kim!)!!!! Evie is a real cutie! My dog does that except he does it in front of the heater so he doesn't get cold!!
    Maybe you should enter Evie in some more comps; this may be the start of her rise to fame!!!

    Nerdling
    www.nerdlinginacage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pondered entering her into more comps but I fear all the fame may go to her head. She's so impressionable...

      Delete
  6. Aw, Evie is so cute! Congrats!

    PS: I'd like to invite to join the Bosisto's giveaway at my blog, I have 4 lavender packs up for grabs here: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/10/bosistos-lavender-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks trishie. Need to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  7. Aw your Evie is cute! CONGRATULATIONS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
Unless you're spam or a troll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...